St.Joseph’s High School was started in 1951 by popular request , when Bhubaneswar built to replace Cuttack as the administrative centre of the State.
This is a CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, A MINORITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION within the meaning of section 2(g) of the National Commission of Minority Educational Institutions Act 2004 and has been declared as a minority Education Institution covered under Article 30 of the constitution of India. It is established and administered by the SOCIETY OF THE SISTERS OF ST.JOSEPH OF ANNECY, India. It is under the religious jurisdiction of the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Bhubaneswar.
It is an ICSE & ISC SCHOOL affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.The school is not aided but recognised by the Education Department of the State Government of Odisha. The medium of instruction is English with an emphasis also on Odia and Hindi .Boys and girls from Nursery onwards are prepared for the class X-ICSE and ISC(+2) Examination of the Council.
The type of education imparted in the School takes into account the whole person, paying heed to each child's background and personality, with the love and patience exemplified in the life of Jesus Christ. Thus, young people will be gradually led to self formation and to the development of a sense of RESPONSIBILITY AND CONCERN FOR OTHERS.